Einstein : Not everything that can be counted counts. And not everything that counts can be counted.

Monday 1 October 2007

Thanks

I have been deeply touched by the numbers of responses to my 90 minutes post. This post was real and was spawned by the demise of my ex-partner who enjoyed a short retirement of only a couple of years with me before illness dictated the unfortunate course of events. Now over 60 comments is a record, for me anyway, this far exceeds anything else I have received.

I would like to thank all those who took the time and effort to visit, especially those from the Gadget pages following the post there.

Anyone who has forged a close relationship with one of our canine friends will understand the deep feelings towards an animal that asks nothing but gives everything
for seemingly little or no reward.

Anyone who has had the good fortune to work closely with such an animal and spend more time with it than you spend with your family will understand my sentiment.

Anyone who has had the even better fortune to work with a colleague who will follow blindly and is willing to protect you without question will understand the trust and depth of working relationship we have with our dogs.

We are lucky, lucky people. I have been very fortunate indeed to have been in such a position. I have parted company with other dogs, but not in the same emotional way.
Some dogs are special. This one was definately was.

I have been, shall we say, out of circulation and it was the Gadget post on the enormous and willing support we get from our 'non-police' support/admin colleagues that has drawn me back to the keyboard.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent to have you back - glad to be of service.

Officer Dibble said...

WEB..good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back.

SD

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you, hope you're doing ok. The 90 minutes post was one of the most touching things I've ever read and I know exactly where you're coming from, it's like losing a family member and it's heartbreaking.

Anonymous said...

Nearly 11 years and I still miss my dog - she had such a sweet nature and was beautiful - a collie/sheltie cross, she was a rescue dog, friendly but nervous, and I used to say she was a 'fraidy-cat' until we were out on a walk, a large Alsation was roaming around and when it saw us it ran over barking and snarling, that dog was twice her size. She got in between it and me, and stood her ground until I was out of the way. I didn't think she had it in her.
I've moved house since she died and in the move her collar got lost.
I still miss her. She died on Christmas Eve.
All I can say is that I understand.

Anonymous said...

W.E.B. Glad to read you again. Welcome back.

Metcountymounty said...

good to see you back mate

PC South West said...

Glad you are back mate!!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back WEB.

I lost a great friend when I lost my dog, so can understand.

Anonymous said...

In your own time WEB.

Good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back mate. I think we all know the deep feeling that builds up with the dog, be it work colleague or family pet.
Einstein's quote says it all really.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)

It's good to know that you're back with us!

Annette said...

Glad to have you back, really missed you when you were away.
We lost our dog 4 years ago and still not over it.
Miss her like mad.

Welcome back.

Roses said...

Welcome back! Good to see you and looking forward to more posts.

Robb WJ Ellis said...

Hi - your 90 minute posting was one of the best blog postings I have seen for a very long time. My heart breaks for you and I know you keep your friend alive in your heart.

Keep up the writing! Not only is it therapeutic, but it is of interest to others...

Take care.

'debvhu

Anonymous said...

welcome back bro...

Anonymous said...

We do need you and you canine freinds...Catch up with you soon..

Unknown said...

His brother, Tecumseh, was outraged by the Treaty of Fort Wayne, and thereafter emerged as a prominent leader.
Trenboloneconcrete coating southlake