Einstein : Not everything that can be counted counts. And not everything that counts can be counted.

Wednesday 3 October 2007

A,B,C, its as easy as 1,2,3.

Well its interesting when you speak to colleagues from other areas or Forces and see that itis not only you that has a rather large volume of paperwork that you feel is irrelevant, unnecessary and adds to the burden of paperwork you already have to do as part of your effort to justify yourself. The management line appears to be that this is highly relevant to do and is essential. Essential for who ? Essential to what goal ? Certainly not to anyone who has to complete them, apparently.

I now understand what the unwelcome envelope that arrives for some contains, when they dare open it, not an invitation to a late night candlelight supper or free cinema tickets but something else, a little more daunting and unwelcome. The additional level of time taken to complete said forms always seems to go down very well with the protagonists. Unlike the 5 minutes a day itis alleged they will take.

Its as easy as 1,2,3. Do you believe that ?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paperwork,the bane of my life, Hate it!

Roses said...

ummm...no actually, I don't believe it.

Just like I don't believe that filling in my Self-Assessment will be painless.

And that I will find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, or in the tooth fairy, or Santa Claus.

But maybe that's because I'm cynical.

Anonymous said...

Activity based costing I believe. Aaaaaaaagh. Little boxes, if you pick one from A also choose one from B etc etc. NIGHTMARE.

Good to see you're well bud.
Benj

PC South West said...

Don't get me started with the bloody ABC nonsense. I am seriously thinking of sending mine to a tabloid.

What to do if we only spend 7.5 minutes on once catagory? fill in half a box?

PC Bloggs said...

Let's keep things in perspective. "1, 2, 3" is not that easy for some people. Frank Chalk's clients spring to mind.

Anonymous said...

Could you not get 'an agency' to complete the ruddy forms for you? I'm sure that nobody reads them anyway.