Einstein : Not everything that can be counted counts. And not everything that counts can be counted.

Friday 5 October 2007

A SENIOR MOMENT

A group of young students were on a bus discussing the burden placed on society by the older generation of pensioners. One of the pensioners took great exeption to some of the comments and stated that he thought it was impossible for some of the older generation to understand todays younger generation and vice-versa. Things had changed so much during the years between their ages. As he was explaining the student interrupted him.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for all his friends and most of the other passengers to hear.

"The young people of today grew up with colour high definition digital television, high quality music on CD's and MP3 players, jet travel, space travel, trains that have never travelled faster, man walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing and ..."

The pensioner interrupted him and said "You're right, son. We didn't have those things to enjoy and marvel at when we were young.......so we invented them. What are you doing for the next generation?"

The applause was resounding...

10 comments:

Clara Belle said...

*Standing ovation*

Anonymous said...

The youth of today have no respect for the older generation for whom many laid down their lifes for to fight for our rights and freedeom of speech just to abused buy the very people they were fighting to protect. Makes me sick.

McNoddy said...

As I near the half century myself, I applaud that gravedodger's sentiments heartily!

Roses said...

As a 30-something I also applaud.

Anonymous said...

I just wish that I could think up something similar - instead of taking the bait, as I tend to do!

Fitaloon said...

I was going to make a comment but I've forgotten what it was.

Chrysalis said...

I loved this post. I hope you won't mind, but I've decided to add you to my blogroll. I've liked what you've written. If you at all don't want me to add you please contact me. My email is on my site. I didn't see an email for you, so thought I'd contact you this way. Glad to have found your blog.

Unknown said...

As I near the half century myself, I applaud that gravedodger's sentiments heartily
Maternity Forumchurches in fresno ca

Unknown said...

His brother, Tecumseh, was outraged by the Treaty of Fort Wayne, and thereafter emerged as a prominent leader.
Trenboloneconcrete coating southlake

Anonymous said...

I hope you won't mind, but I've decided to add you to my blogroll. I've liked what you've written. If you at all don't want me to add you please contact me. My email is on my site. I didn't see an email for you, so thought I'd contact you this way. Glad to have found your blog.
mobile home dealersreal estate crm